Monday, October 1, 2007

What It's All About

Last night, some devastating news hit my hometown in Broomfield, CO. A close friend of my best friend's little brother was killed in a car accident. They were part of a close group of friends so, as you can imagine, it is horribly devastating. My best friend just held her little brother and one of his friends in her arms while they sobbed. The girl that just died was so very loved by her community. There is a facebook group that is dedicated in memory of her and it is heartbreaking and at the same time, heartwarming to read how much she means to everyone. Even though I didn't know her personally, I'm hit with some hard thoughts about life and relationships.

I am so fucking lucky. I have the most amazing support in the world...and I'm not just saying that. After hearing this news, I received a package tonight that was marked from my sister. I knew she was sending my replacement debit card, but this package was a filled shoebox so I was a little confused. Well, in this shoebox was not only my debit card but brownies, Orbit gum, a decorated coffee mug, a beaded bracelet, some footie slippers, a Starbucks card and 2 cards from my sister and my best friend. Needless to say, I've been crying myself since I've gotten this package. How I'm so undeserving to have the love of two amazing people is unexplainable.

Life is too short. In the end, it is just all about your relationships. Those are what matter. Period. There is no important enough excuse to make that can keep you from telling and showing the people in your life that you love them. Don't let it pass because you don't know when you might lose that chance forever. I hope I don't sound preachy or cheesy because it's just truly how I feel right now. Please tell someone that you love them and make sure they understand it. That's all I need to say about that because it can't be much simpler. Good night...

No comments: