Saturday, March 29, 2008

Non-Americans say the darndest things


One of the awesome things I get to experience while working for Up with People is hearing some of the funny things some of the non-American cast members say. Not to mention they say everything in their amazing accents. Here are a few quotes that I've heard this semester and last:




"They were really religious. They really liked George Bush."
-Britta, from Sweden when talking about one of her host families in Colorado

"Well, this is really bad but when I got to the US, I thought that everyone would be really fat. But I don't think this anymore!"
-Marlien, from the Netherlands when asked what surprised her the most during their tour of the United States.

"I can be ghetto...I can say bitch and ho!"
-Francois from Namibia when getting teased for wearing his do-rag that he got during the Chicago stop of their tour.

"Do they really get on the bus and go back to their school...you mean, just like in the movies?!
-Lucas from Belgium after attending out host sister's volleyball game.


"I want to go to go eat at a diner where there are stools and a waitress that chews her gum and says "Honey, what can I get you?"
-Armando from Mexico City, my beloved colleague, when asked what he wants to do in the States before going back home.

No comments: