Thursday, May 29, 2008

New York, anyone?


About two and a half years ago, I randomly attended a concert at the Fox Theatre in Boulder. My sister had told me to come because she said that this 17-year old musician from Canada named Kyle Riabko was absolutely amazing and I just NEEDED to see him. Well, am I glad I did because I was blown away. His style of music is blues/pop/soul and he is just one of the most infectious performers I've ever seen. I've seen him two more times since then but he has not toured on his own for about two years.

I was checking his website a couple days ago and he is going to be on BROADWAY! The musical is called Spring Awakening and it won eight Tonys last year. The music is written by Duncan Sheik and is incredible. It has caused quite a bit of controversy because the plot involves teenagers and their discovery about sex, masturbation, etc.

So pretty much I need to go to New York to see him. Who wants to come? Here is a clip from a show in Argentina, as well as Kyle in his own element.




Kyle performing "Miss Behavin'"






Spring Awakening- "I Believe"


If you want to see the less censored version, click here!

No comments: