Thursday, December 25, 2008

What would the holidays be without The Nutcracker?

Merry Christmas! Right now I am sitting in the Denver International Airport getting ready to board a plane to visit my sister in New York. It is very much needed as The Nutcracker has been going on the past four weeks, making for some long weeks at work. I went to almost every performance because I help run a program with the Auxiliary called The Sugarplum Alums, along with doing backstage tours here and there. Every show has sold really well...better than other seasons, in fact. It is quite a sight to see so many excited people at every show. My favorite part is seeing the little kids all dressed up, uncomfortably tugging at the hems of their dresses or the belt on their trousers.

In case, none of you have attended a CB performance before, you don't know what you are missing! Here is a video of one of my favorite numbers in The Nutcracker. Here is "Arabian" danced by Luis Valdes and Shelby Dyer.

1 comment:

Armando said...

What a delightful production, I would love to take you to the Mexico Ballet shows in Mexico City, you would be nicely surprised!

I miss you friend, have fun in NYC and keep MXC close to your plans.

Muah!

Armando.