Saturday, August 11, 2007

Globe Culture

My intern, Laurel and I have been hitting Globe to do promotion and get an idea of what the town of Globe is like. Recently, we visited two very different places and they gave us a fabulous idea of what Globe culture is like.

The first place was a Rock 'N Roll Sock Hop that the Entertainment Committee of Globe put on. Laurel and I got to judge the "Twist" dance contest. It was SO much fun and very entertaining to say the least. Our winner is the woman in the beginning of the video in the white shorts. She got 2 free tickets to our show!








It's been interesting trying to interact with the youth in the town because in a town of 8,000 people, you expect everyone, including the youth to be very sheltered. Actually, all the young people that I've met is very in tune with out culture; they're all stylish, love music and present themselves just like anyone from a major city. After the Sock Hop, we headed to the local coffee shop, where a lot of youth hang out. They were having an open mike and we did an announcement about the show. Here's a video of two guys, Eli and Aaron performing a song that night. As you can see, they definitely don't seem like sheltered little small-towners.





Other than that, we've been busy busy getting ready for the cast to arrive on Monday! I'm excited, but anxious. We also saw their show last night in Tucson. It was so fun and I'll be posting videos from that soon.

Blog question: What is the most amusing/intriguing YouTube video that YOU'VE seen recently? Send them my way! Hope you're all well and happy.

1 comment:

Michelle Stavros said...

I just put a video on youtube of my little sister here and i think it is pretty darn funny. Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71DeNOUC6Dk