Friday, August 24, 2007

Time off and then to California!

After setting up Globe, I traveled out with the cast to their next city in Sierra Vista, AZ from August 16-20. During this time I had time off to just relax and spend time with the cast. It was very fun because I got to know a lot of the cast members, which I didn't have a chance to do when I was running around like a madwoman in Globe. I got to go on their Community Impact projects with them and everything! Everyone in the cast and staff is absolutely wonderful and I tried so hard not to get attached to them because I knew I'd have to leave again soon. It was also great to get to hang out with Emily, the Community Relations Coordinator there that been coordinating everything because I absolutely understood every ounce of emotion she was feeling.

I also traveled out with them to their next city in San Diego. I celebrated my 22nd birthday with some staff members. We hit the historic district of San Diego and had a good night out.






I am now in Eureka, CA a small town in northern California, setting up everything for the cast to arrive on September 10...not a lot of time, but we are somehow going to make it work! I'm here with Jen, one of the administrative assistants at the Denver office, who is from Eureka to help me get things started. She is a blast and I love getting to work with her! Things are going to be tough here and I'm pretty nervous about having to set up another city, but it'll work out! It's gorgeous here and we even hit the beach one evening!
















So that's the update. I miss everyone in Colorado a ton, especially when things get tough here on the road. I hope those of you that are about to start school again are excited and geared up. Everyone else that has started new jobs, congrats and I want to hear about how they are! Do not ever hesitate to contact me, because I absolutely want to hear about how things are for you. Talk to you all soon.

Question of the blog: What are you most nervous about for this upcoming semester?

1 comment:

Sara said...

Lou! Happy late b-day! I'm glad you got to go out with some new friends and have a good time. School starts today so in answer to your question, finding a permanent job. Hope CA is as successful as Globe was... I know you'll do great.