Thursday, February 7, 2008

R.I.P.

A couple nights ago I received some devastating news. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach; My heart felt like it had been shattered in a million pieces; I was essentially speechless for like a whole five minutes...and that's a lot for me. I found out that my all-time favorite band ever, The Format, had decided to not record a new album ever again.

The Format is more than just a band to me. They were almost like a friend I could aways go to if I needed anything. While I've explored other musical acts and have expanded my tastes over the years, I have always gone back to the Format at some point or another. It's like they were someone I could always depend on to be there whenever I needed them. So to hear that Sam and Nate will no longer make new music together is quite devastating.

In case you are not familiar with the greatness that is The Format, here are a just few examples of why they have meant so much to me these past 5 years. And trust me, these don't even do them justice.



No comments: