Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Weddings galore!

This past weekend, I endured a 6 hour delay in a train station, in addition to 8 hours actually ON a train to come home and attend two weddings. The first one was Ryan Lane who is an old middle school/high school friend and the other was Matt Orr, a friend that I met in college through other friends. I was really excited to come back to see old friends and to celebrate. I actually cried during Ryan's slide show! That was completely unexpected. It was a traditional wedding with all the works. His bride, Kristin looked goregous. We had lunch, danced our hearts out and then waved them off in a horse-drawn carriage. Matt's wedding was more unconventional; His bride Molly wore a beautiful, shimmery green dress. Dinner was catered by Chipotle (SOOO good). Both weddings were fantastic.

That night a bunch of us old high school friends went out to the bars in Boulder and it was such a blast. We hit Conor's and the Sun Downer. It was the last time many of us were going to be in the same state for probably at least a year, so that alone was enough reason to be together. There's something about being with old friends because since there is such a history and a unique level of comfort...even if we've all changed. Good times! When it was all over and time for me to go back to Nebraska I actually felt pretty emotional. I think it was the combination of a really great weekend coming to an end and the obligation of having to switch back to work in a matter of a train-ride home. The little part of me that yearned for of stability in my life decided to spill over. I got off the train at 6:45am and when my host dad drove me home I showered, got ready and went to work. All is well again as I am now settled back in Nebraska. Bring on Cast A 2008!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Yay weddings! I hope you had a great time at the weddings and hanging with old friends.